Candy and juicy grilled pineapple is a scrumptious dessert or a aspect dish subsequent to grilled rooster, an ideal summer season recipe.
On this recipe, slices of pineapple are grilled to till candy and tender. This fruit is nice served with rooster, seafood, or pork. Additionally it is sumptuously delish as a dessert with a bit of little bit of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Completely Grilled Pineapple
- Grilled pineapple is so versatile and could be loved in candy or savory dishes. It’s an amazing aspect dish for rooster, beef, and particularly seafood like salmon and shrimp.
- Chop it and add it to skewers like these chicken kabobs marinated in a teriyaki sauce.
- Due to its vivid, tangy taste and the best way the sugar caramelizes on the skin, it’s an ideal mixing of candy and tart!
- Pineapples are cheap and straightforward to organize on this recipe.
Pineapple – Contemporary, ripe pineapple is used on this recipe. Whereas contemporary tastes finest, frozen or canned pineapple is one other nice possibility.
Sugar – Brown sugar helps the slices to caramelize a bit higher. Swap it out for a little bit of honey or maple syrup.
Flavorings – We love a touch of floor ginger however attempt cinnamon, lime juice, or a touch of chili powder.
- Drizzle with a bit of rum to the marinade for a extra sturdy taste.
- Swap out the oil for melted butter.
- Sprinkle with shredded coconut for extra sweetness.
Easy methods to Lower Pineapple for Grilling
There are a few choices for cutting a pineapple. A spiral pineapple cutter will reduce even items of pineapple each time however you should use a knife too:
- Start by slicing the highest and backside off the pineapple.
- Stand the pineapple up on its reduce finish on a slicing board. Lower off the skin pores and skin.
- Then lay it on its aspect and reduce even slices (or pineapple spears for those who’d like).
Easy methods to Grill Pineapple
This grilled pineapple recipe is tremendous straightforward to organize for dessert or dinner.
- Lower the pineapple (above) and slice it into 1/2 inch discs.
- Mix remaining elements (per the recipe under) and marinate for half-hour to 24 hours if time permits.
- Take away pineapple slices from marinade and grill on either side (3-4 minutes). Brush the pineapple with further marinade till the sugar has caramelized and has grill marks.
Ideas & Methods
- When shopping for a pineapple, ensure that it has extra of a yellow and vibrant inexperienced. It needs to be freed from wrinkles and brown mushy spots.
- Stare into its eyes! The eyes needs to be virtually all the identical dimension, and they need to be massive and flat.
- Chope it and add it to salsa or threaded onto a fruit kabab and dipped into yogurt. Add it to muffins made with crushed pineapple, or high it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
Candy Summer time Desserts
Did your loved ones love this Grilled Pineapple? Make sure to go away a score and a remark under!
This fast & straightforward Grilled Pineapple is ideal as dessert, or as a aspect dish for grilled rooster or pork!
Preheat grill to medium excessive.
Lower pores and skin off pineapple and reduce into ½” disks.
Mix olive oil, brown sugar, and ginger in a small bowl. Add to pineapple, toss effectively to coat, and marinate for not less than half-hour or as much as 24 hours.
Take away pineapple from the marinade and sprinkle with salt.
Grill pineapple 3-4 minutes per aspect or till brown sugar caramelizes.
Leftover pineapple could be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3-4 days.
Energy: 132 | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 5g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 3g | Sodium: 100mg | Potassium: 171mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 88IU | Vitamin C: 72mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg
Diet data offered is an estimate and can fluctuate based mostly on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.