Cucumber Avocado Salad is crammed with crisp cucumbers, wealthy creamy avocado, and contemporary summery dill. It’s all tossed in a easy contemporary lemon dressing.
This avocado salad makes the proper summer time facet in simply minutes! It’s nice alongside virtually any meal on the grill or makes a filling lunch by itself.
A Contemporary Summer time Salad
I summer time for the produce and the contemporary summer time salads. We often make an avocado salad or a cucumber salad however on this recipe, we put them collectively for the proper crisp facet dish.
Most frequently I make cucumber salad with a creamier dressing or a bitter cream/Greek yogurt base so this contemporary dill dressing is just not solely straightforward, it’s a bit lighter in taste!
Cucumbers to Use on this Avocado Salad
English Cucumbers – Whereas any number of cucumber will work on this avocado salad recipe, I choose to make use of an extended English cucumber (or seedless cucumber). They have an inclination to have thinner pores and skin and fewer seeds, making them the proper addition.
You’ll be able to peel English cucumbers in the event you’d like however there actually is not any want.
Different –If utilizing a discipline cucumber, they typically have a thicker pores and skin so you may peel it in the event you’d like and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds.
In the event you’re in search of a scrumptious and easy dish to dig into, you’re going to like this Cucumber Avocado Salad.
- Minimize the avocado into cubes and instantly toss with a bit of little bit of lemon juice; this retains it from getting brown (and provides taste).
- This recipe actually depends on the flavour of contemporary elements so use contemporary lemon juice. Bottled juices can typically have a bitter aftertaste.
- Relying on the scale of your cucumbers and avocados, it’s possible you’ll not want the entire dressing. Combine it in a mason jar and add a bit of bit at a time.
- In the event you occur to have additional, it’s good over a tossed salad and can final a couple of week within the fridge!
- I like the flavour (and little little bit of colour) pink onion provides to this Cucumber Avocado Salad.
- In the event you don’t have pink onion, you may actually add in candy white onions. Make sure you use onions with white papery pores and skin (not the everyday yellow-skinned onion), they’re sweeter and milder.
- To take a bit of little bit of the “chew” out of the onion (and make it milder) soak the onion in chilly water whereas getting ready the cucumbers and avocado. Optionally available in fact!
Extra Contemporary Cucumber Recipes You’ll Love
Love this Cucumber Avocado Salad as a lot as we do? We’d love a remark and ranking beneath!
Cucumber Avocado Salad
Cucumber Avocado Salad options crisp cucumbers, wealthy creamy avocado and contemporary summery dill all tossed in a easy lemon dressing. The right summer time facet in simply minutes!
Gently combine collectively avocado and lemon juice in a medium bowl.
Add all remaining elements and gently toss to mix.
Refrigerate 20 minutes earlier than serving.
- Tossing the avocado with lemon juice retains it from turning brown and provides taste. Use contemporary lemon juice for one of the best taste.
- White onion can be utilized rather than pink onion. Yellow onions are too harsh on this salad and never beneficial.
- Soak the onions in a little bit of ice water to take a bit of little bit of the “chew” out (and make it milder). Optionally available in fact!
- Relying on the scale of your cucumbers and avocados, it’s possible you’ll not want the entire dressing. Leftovers are nice add over a tossed salad.
- In the event you’d like to organize this forward of time or maintain leftovers, put together the entire elements besides the avocado. Add the avocado on the time of serving.
Energy: 308 | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 2g | Fats: 28g | Saturated Fats: 4g | Sodium: 11mg | Potassium: 619mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 450IU | Vitamin C: 17.9mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg
Diet data offered is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Extra Recipes You’ll Love