Recent, colourful, and flavorful, sauteed zucchini and tomatoes are the proper technique to get pleasure from recent summer season veggies!
On this recipe, veggies are merely seasoned and pan-fried after which topped with melty cheese. It’s the proper aspect to any meal (or an incredible addition to pasta!).
Why We Love This Aspect Dish
When you see how
- Zucchini and tomatoes are sauteed and prepared in lower than 10 minutes!
- One pan makes means much less fuss, much less mess.
- Recent, wholesome, and filled with taste.
- Function a easy aspect dish with grilled chicken, pork, or fish.
- This combination can be nice served over rice or pasta.
Zucchini – Zucchini is plentiful through the spring and summer season months. For a splash of shade, add some yellow squash.
Tomatoes – Cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes are nice on this dish. We additionally love Roma tomatoes as they maintain up nicely. A can of drained diced tomatoes works too.
Cheese – Whereas cheese is elective, we love the addition of a bit little bit of mozzarella and parmesan. Sprinkle on high and canopy with a lid to permit it to soften. In case your pan is oven protected, place it below the broiler for a minute or two in the event you’d like.
Seasonings – Easy seasonings permit the flavour of the zucchini and tomatoes to shine. A few cloves of garlic and a few herbs is all you want. You probably have recent basil, it must be added after cooking.
- Add different greens like eggplant, mushrooms, bell peppers, or asparagus.
- Add a little bit of tomato sauce and simmer a few minutes earlier than serving.
- Stir in extra herbs like oregano or Italian seasoning.
- Make forward and layer in a baking dish. Prime with cheese and bake a couple of minutes earlier than serving.
The right way to Make Zucchini & Tomatoes
This aspect dish is a scrumptious manner of utilizing up all that recent summer season produce like zucchini and tomatoes.
- Cook dinner onion in oil till tender.
- Add garlic, zucchini, parsley, and basil (as per the recipe under) and saute.
- Add tomato, seasoned salt & pepper.
- Take away from warmth, sprinkle on cheeses and canopy till cheese melts.
PRO TIP: For browned and bubbly cheese, place the skillet below the broiler.
Retailer zucchini and tomatoes in a coated container within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
Add leftovers to stir-fries, omelets, casseroles, soups, or pasta sauce. Freeze in parts in zippered luggage for as much as 6 weeks and thaw within the fridge.
Extra Zucchini Recipes We Love
Did you make this Zucchini and Tomatoes Recipe? Be sure you go away a remark and a score under!
Sauteed Zucchini and Tomatoes
Recent, colourful, and flavorful, this zucchini and tomatoes recipe is the final word aspect dish!
Warmth olive oil in a 10-inch skillet. Cook dinner onion over medium warmth till tender.
Add garlic, zucchini, parsley, and basil. Cook dinner till zucchini is tender-crisp, about 5-6 minutes.
Add tomato, seasoned salt & pepper. Cook dinner an extra 2-3 minutes.
Take away from warmth, sprinkle with cheeses and canopy with a lid*, relaxation 2-3 minutes, or till cheese melts.
Elective: In case your skillet is oven protected, zucchini may be broiled to brown the cheese as a substitute of overlaying with a lid,
Zucchini cooks shortly and must be served tender-crisp. Don’t overcook.
If utilizing recent basil, it must be added after the zucchini has cooked.
Sauteed Zucchini may be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
Leftovers are nice on pizza or added to pasta sauce or pasta salads,
Energy: 96 | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 4g | Fats: 6g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Ldl cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 401mg | Potassium: 328mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 547IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 1mg
Vitamin data offered is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.