This straightforward Tomato Jam recipe was given to me by my mother-in-law. It’s scrumptious!
Recent backyard tomatoes are simmered in a candy and savory combination of sugar, vinegar and seasonings to create a ramification and condiment you’ll love!
It’ll up-level each recipe from sandwiches to burgers, eggs, and veggies! Make it with crimson or inexperienced tomatoes.
What’s Tomato Jam?
- Thick and hearty, tomato jam is a candy and savory tomato-based condiment.
- This jam is nice (as a jam must be) with a tangy kick and slightly bit of warmth (when you’d like).
- It’s simply made on the range and retains weeks within the fridge, no canning is required!
- This quick and simple condiment to impress at your events, picnics, and BBQs.
- That is a type of wonderful ‘backyard presents’ to make if in case you have an abundance of summer time tomatoes. Everybody loves a home made jar of tomato jam. Better of all, it would freeze for as much as 6 months!
Components & Variations
Tomatoes – No must blanch and peel tomatoes for tomato jam! Any contemporary tomatoes will do, nonetheless, contemporary Roma’s are the most effective as a result of they’ve skinny skins and are as meaty as canned Marzano’s.
Sugar – Honey is a pure sweetener that melts simply into tomato jam. Brown sugar, molasses, and even sugar-free Swerve can be utilized, nonetheless, the top consequence won’t be as jelly-like as the unique recipe requires.
Seasonings – Apple cider offsets the acidity of the tomatoes, however the degree of serrano chile is as much as you. Meet your warmth and use as a lot or as little as you want. A touch of cayenne pepper, Tabasco sauce, or a splash of Sriracha may be switched out for minced chiles.
Add-Ins Cracked black pepper, diced shallots, or bacon bits will make your tomato jam recipe stand out!
Learn how to Make Tomato Jam
This fancy condiment is really easy to make, simply three easy steps!
- Convey all elements to a boil.
- Cool & serve.
Severely. That’s all.
Learn how to Serve Tomato Jam
What doesn’t go together with tomato jam?!
Ideas for the Greatest Jam
- If the jam is simply too free after half-hour, proceed cooking till the specified thickness is achieved.
- Use contemporary ripe tomatoes for the most effective taste.
- Tomatoes don’t should be peeled or seeded.
- Hold tomato jam refrigerated in a sealed container for as much as 10 days. Freeze parts in zippered luggage for as much as 6 months!
Did you make this Tomato Jam? Go away us a ranking and a remark under!