Up-level on a regular basis desserts and pastries with this candy and summery strawberry buttercream frosting!
Whereas nicely love vanilla and chocolate frosting, this model has contemporary strawberry taste. It’s a candy and buttery topping for every thing from truffles to cupcakes and toast to waffles!
Do-it-yourself Strawberry Buttercream
- Strawberry buttercream frosting can be utilized to frost cupcakes, truffles, or the rest that wants a fantastic frosting.
- Multi-purpose strawberry buttercream can be used as a candy berry frosting for vanilla, lemon, or chocolate layer truffles!
- Contemporary or frozen berries can be utilized so this recipe will be made all 12 months spherical!
- Pipe buttercream frosting on cupcakes, or unfold onto shortcakes, add to shortcake trifle cups or use on home made strawberry tea bread.
Substances & Variations
STRAWBERRIES: Contemporary or frozen berries will work, too. Frozen berries require further cooking time to get the precise consistency. For additional shade and texture, toss in a handful of complete blueberries, chopped cherries, and even raspberries!
FROSTING: Use actual butter, actual cream, and vanilla extract for one of the best outcomes by way of taste. In a pinch for time? Use pre-made vanilla or cream cheese frosting and gently stir within the strawberry puree.
Methods to Make Strawberry Buttercream
Solely two easy steps to decadent and candy summer season frosting!
- Puree strawberries with a blender or meals processor.
- Prepare dinner all the way down to create a thick paste (as per the recipe beneath).
- Add the cooled berry combination to butter and powdered sugar till fluffy.
Methods to Retailer Buttercream Frosting
Hold frosting in a coated container within the fridge for 4 days, and let it come to room temperature earlier than utilizing. Freeze strawberry buttercream for as much as 3 months within the freezer in zippered baggage and whisk it totally after thawing within the fridge.
Summer season Sweets with Strawberries
Did you’re keen on this Strawberry Buttercream? Depart us a ranking and a remark beneath!
Contemporary Strawberry Buttercream
This Strawberry Buttercream is good & fluffy with contemporary strawberry puree.
Reduce the tops off of the strawberries and place strawberries in a blender or meals processor. Puree strawberries till clean, it is best to have about 1 ½ cups of puree.
Place the strawberry puree in a medium non-stick saucepan. Warmth over medium warmth and let simmer whereas stirring till diminished to ⅓-½ cup (approx 25-Half-hour) or till the puree is only a bit thinner than tomato paste. Cool fully. (This step will be completed 48 hours earlier than making the frosting).
Cream the butter, vanilla, and a pinch of salt with a hand mixer on medium till fluffy. Add the cooled puree and blend nicely.
Add powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time mixing after every addition.
Proceed beating till the frosting is thick and fluffy. If the combination is simply too thick, heavy cream will be added 1 tablespoon at a time to succeed in desired consistency.
Pipe the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes.
- The bigger the pan or pot, the sooner the puree will thicken.
- Use a non-stick pan or the strawberry combination will stick/burn.
- The puree needs to be simply in regards to the consistency of tomato paste.
- Guarantee cupcakes are cool earlier than frosting or the butter within the frosting will soften.
- Hold buttercream in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Let it come to room temperature earlier than utilizing.
- Freeze strawberry buttercream for as much as 3 months in a zippered bag.
Energy: 492 | Carbohydrates: 88g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 17g | Saturated Fats: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 4g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 68mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 85g | Vitamin A: 532IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 0.2mg
Vitamin info offered is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.