Tuna salad with egg combines the very best of each salad worlds!
A creamy tuna and boiled egg salad combination is tossed with crisp celery in a candy/savory dressing of mustard and candy relish! Who says you possibly can’t have all of it (in a salad)?
A Combo of two Faves!
- Why select one when you may make each? This recipe combines a tuna salad with egg salad to create one flavor-packed salad.
- Crunchy celery bits meet savory mustard and candy pickle relish that takes this salad from abnormal to extraordinary!
- Serve it over lettuce, in a wrap or as a sandwich.
- Make prematurely and let the flavors mix much more, it’ll hold for as much as 3 days.
Elements in Tuna Egg Salad
Tuna – It doesn’t matter if tuna is packed in oil or water since will probably be drained. Flake the tuna with a fork earlier than mixing it into the salad.
Eggs – You’ll want chilled hardboiled eggs on this recipe. I often hold small bowl within the fridge for fast meals. Strive both air fryer boiled eggs, foolproof hard-boiled eggs or make straightforward Instant Pot eggs.
Dressing – Mayonnaise, mustard, and relish add nice taste to the combination. Greek yogurt could also be switched out for the mayonnaise for a tangier salad with fewer energy.
Extras – Add your favourite macaroni pasta or chopped veggies to bulk up this recipe and make it into a simple summer time aspect or most important dish! We like elbow macaroni or shell shapes that the creamy dressing can cling to. If including pasta, you may prefer to double up on the dressing.
Tips on how to Make Tuna Salad with Eggs
- Minimize chilled exhausting boiled eggs in half, take away yolks and chop the whites.
- Mash yolks with mayonnaise till easy, mustard, and relish in a big bowl.
- Add remaining components together with the chopped egg whites per recipe under. Stir properly and function desired.
Tips on how to Serve Tuna Salad with Eggs
- Low Carb: Over a mattress of crisp lettuce leaves, in cucumber, or in a zucchini boat
- As a Snack: On Ritz crackers, crostini, or bagel chips
- Sandwich: Sandwiched between toasted white bread and cheddar cheese slices
- Fancy it up: Inside hollowed-out tomatoes or avocado
Storing Tuna Egg Salad
Maintain leftover tuna egg salad in a coated container within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Stir earlier than utilizing. Mayonnaise-based salads don’t freeze properly, however this salad is very easy to make, simply begin recent!
Extra Sandwiches We Love
Did you make this Tuna Egg Salad? Remember to depart a ranking and a remark under!
Tuna Egg Salad
A creamy & crunchy mixture of two classics!
Minimize eggs in half. Take away yolks and finely chop the whites.
Mash yolks with mayonnaise, mustard, relish, dill, and salt & pepper to style.
Add remaining components and stir properly.
Serve on bread or over lettuce.
Guarantee eggs are chilled. Use any methodology to prepare dinner them, our favourite is within the air fryer at 250°F for 17 minutes for giant eggs (no water wanted).
Substitute among the mayonnaise for Greek yogurt to cut back the energy barely.
Leftover tuna egg salad could be stored in a coated container within the fridge for as much as 3 days. Stir earlier than serving once more.
Energy: 381 | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 13g | Fats: 35g | Saturated Fats: 6g | Ldl cholesterol: 156mg | Sodium: 538mg | Potassium: 164mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 334IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 2mg
Diet data offered is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.