Antipasto salad is a Mediterranean impressed favourite filled with recent and brined elements!
Marinated veggies and olives, recent mozzarella cheese, and your selection of Italian meats are drizzled with a tangy French dressing and served on a mattress of lettuce!
This antipasto salad recipe just isn’t solely a showstopper to have a look at nevertheless it’s jam-packed with taste.
What’s Antipasto Salad?
- Antipasto is the primary course of an Italian meal and normally consists of meats, cheeses and different numerous bites served charcuterie board type.
- On this recipe a typical antipasto plate has been changed into a salad for a gentle summer season entrée or as a filling lunch.
- Antipasto salad is a low-carb and low-calorie lovers’ dream; it’s scrumptious and chock filled with wholesome elements!
- All of your favourite pizza toppings come collectively in a single fast and straightforward salad!
- Add any additional veggies that you’ve in your fridge!
Lettuce – Romaine holds up effectively with the number of elements on this recipe. So as to add additional coloration and a few vitamin, toss in a bag of pre-shredded coleslaw combined with inexperienced and crimson cabbage and shredded carrots.
Veggies & cheese – Marinated artichoke hearts, inexperienced olives, tomatoes, and recent mozzarella pearls or bocconcini give this salad its signature flavors.
Attempt different additions like roasted crimson peppers, provolone cheese, marinated artichokes, pepperoncini, or kalamata olives.
For finest outcomes, use red onions as a result of they’re sweeter than different varieties. Recent basil and parsley not solely add taste however make stunning garnishes!
Meat – Genoa salami, prosciutto, and pepperoni add a salty stability to the tart veggies and dressing. I like to purchase an Italian charcuterie combined bundle on the grocery retailer as they’re thinly sliced and also you’ll get a spread.
Dressing – We favor do-it-yourself Italian dressing though bottled works too! Even a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, crimson wine vinegar and a squeeze of recent lemon juice makes for an ideal dressing.
Easy methods to Make Antipasto Salad
It’s delish and really easy to place collectively:
- Organize washed romaine lettuce (or different greens) on a platter or in a big bowl. Drizzle with dressing.
- Prime the salad with the remaining elements.
- Garnish with cracked black pepper & a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, if desired. Drizzle with olive oil or further dressing if desired.
Storing Leftover Salad
- If planning for leftovers, add the dressing to every serving as an alternative of dressing the entire salad. Dressed salad might wilt if left within the fridge.
- Leftover marinated greens and cheese could be made into an antipasto pasta salad utilizing rotini, penne, or elbow macaroni.
Did you make this Antipasto Salad? Go away us a score and a remark beneath!
A fast and straightforward salad with all of the flavors of everybody’s favourite Italian-inspired appetizer.
If making do-it-yourself dressing, put together the dressing and refrigerate to permit flavors to mix.
Wash and dry the greens and tear into bite-sized items. Organize on a big platter or in a bowl and drizzle with a number of the dressing (a number of tablespoons).
Gently high the salad with remaining elements and drizzle with further dressing to style.
Serve with recent herbs and grilled bread if desired.
You should use any combination of Italian meats. Most grocery shops promote a bundle of combined Italian meats which is ideal for this recipe!
Use both recent bocconcini or recent mozzarella that has been diced. Marinated mozzarella is nice on this recipe too.
Energy: 482 | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 21g | Fats: 32g | Saturated Fats: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 3g | Monounsaturated Fats: 11g | Ldl cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 4844mg | Potassium: 681mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 7348IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 168mg | Iron: 3mg
Diet data offered is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.