Air Fryer Fried Hen recipe is juicy on the within with crispy crunchy pores and skin!
Bone in hen items are marinated to tender perfection and tossed in a easy flour breading. With gentle spritz of oil, the hen cooks in an air fryer to crispy perfection.
It’s fast to make with out the fuss or muss of a deep fryer which means much less fats, energy, and mess with the entire taste.
Crispy Air-Fried Hen
I actually love fried hen for the pores and skin and the juicy hen. It seens prefer it’s all the time tender. It’s nice as a chicken sandwich with a aspect of french fries or served sizzling and crispy with waffles.
- The air fryer means much less fats (with out the trouble of deep frying).
- It comes out with crispy pores and skin and juicy meat.
- It’s simple to prep forward and air fry simply earlier than serving.
- Air fryer fried hen cooks in much less time than oven fried with just a bit spritz of oil.
Hen – This recipe works finest with bone-in and skin-on hen items, reasonably than boneless. It does work for different items like hen thighs, skinless hen breast, wings, legs, or tenders however the cooking time might must be adjusted.
Marinade – A buttermilk combination with sizzling sauce mixed with garlic powder makes the meat additional tender and flavorful. Tangy, not spicy, and just a little bit garlicky!
Coating – Cornmeal and flour are mixed with garlic, black pepper, and spices and seasonings!
Easy methods to Air Fry Fried Hen
Fried hen is a kind of entrées that the air fryer cooks so completely!
- Marinate hen for not less than ½ hour & as much as 24 hours.
- Dredge hen within the flour/cornmeal combination and spray properly with spray oil or cooking spray.
- Air fry in a single layer till crispy turning the hen midway.
Air Fryer Hen Suggestions
- No Air Fryer? Prepare dinner fried chicken in the oven as an alternative of the air fryer.
- If utilizing boneless hen, cook dinner time may be decreased. Use a thermometer and cook dinner simply till hen reaches 165°F.
- Guarantee hen is in a single layer and there’s a little little bit of house between each bit to permit the air to flow into.
- If wanted, cook dinner hen in batches. Warmth the entire hen at 400°F for 4 minutes earlier than serving.
- To reheat air fryer fried hen whereas maintaining it crispy, air fry at 400°F for 5-7 minutes relying on the thickness.
- Alternatively, minimize the meat off the bones and tuck it right into a tasty wrap, or a pot pie for an entire new meal! Or make a scrumptious classic chicken salad sandwich.
- If saved in an hermetic container or zippered bag for 3 to 4 days within the fridge.
Wonderful Air-Fried Hen
Did your loved ones love this Air Fryer Fried Hen? Make sure to go away a ranking and a remark under!
Air Fryer Fried Hen
Air Fryer Fried Hen is tender & juicy on the within, crispy and completely seasoned on the skin!
Preheat air fryer to 370°F.
Mix hen, buttermilk, sizzling sauce, & garlic powder and refrigerate for not less than half-hour or as much as 24 hours.
Mix all coating components in a bowl.
Take away the hen from the marinade permitting extra to drip off.
Dip hen within the flour combination till evenly coated.
Place hen on a pan or plate and generously spray with cooking spray or oil.
Place hen in a single layer within the air fryer basket and cook dinner for Quarter-hour.
Open the air fryer and verify for any dry flour spots, spray with oil if wanted. Flip hen and cook dinner an extra 10-Quarter-hour or till crisp and hen reaches 165°F.
Take away from the air fryer and season with salt and pepper.
If utilizing boneless hen, cook dinner time may be decreased. Use a thermometer and cook dinner simply till the hen reaches 165°F.
Guarantee hen is in a single layer and there’s a little little bit of house between each bit to permit the air to flow into.
If wanted, cook dinner hen in batches. Warmth the entire hen at 400°F for 4 minutes earlier than serving.
Dietary data accounts for ⅓ of the flour combination and ¼ of the marinade.
Energy: 500 | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 34g | Fats: 33g | Saturated Fats: 9g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 191mg | Sodium: 758mg | Potassium: 478mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 316IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 2mg
Vitamin data supplied is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.