A face roller is something you’ve undoubtedly seen on social media or at a friend’s house.
The most frequent materials used to make the little device are jade, rose quartz or crystal. Some come with two roller balls, while others resemble a miniature rolling pin with rollers of varied sizes attached to both ends of the handle.
Facial Rollers have been around for quite a while now. – dating back to the e 7th century in China, and the original technique is still practised in Gua sha treatments, which include gently scraping the skin to promote oxygenation and regeneration.
Some other gemstones were used for skincare throughout the Middle Ages and ancient India, as well.
So, why do individuals use a face roller to massage their faces? Is this a trend that will continue? – The simple answer is YES!
The process of massaging your face with a face roller provides a plethora of skin advantages. It may even relieve stress and anxiety in the same way as a body massage does.
They also promise to provide significant skin advantages.
In this Article
The Benefits of a Face Roller
- Improves blood circulation in your face. By using a facial roller you can stimulate the blood flow making your skin appear brighter.
- Reduces puffiness. Rolling under your eyes or on a very puffy face can promote lymphatic drainage which will reduce the healthiness almost instantly.
- Facial massage can improve your mood. A study in 2008 study suggested that facial massage may reduce anxiety and a negative mood status.
- Brightens and tones the skin. Consider jade rollers like a workout equipment. It shapes and tones your skin while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Cools and soothes your skin. If your skin is prone to inflammation the cooling and soothing sensation of facial roller might be just what you’re looking for.
- Distributes skin care product. Facial rollers work best with official oil or in moisturizer . The roller can help absorb the product into your skin a bit better , although no research has proved this yet
Facial roller Buying Guide
What kind of roller is best for your face?
With so many types of face rollers available on the market, you may be slightly overwhelmed.
Listed below are some of the different types of Facial Rollers that you may try based on their purpose and benefits.
Clear Quartz are considered to be the most powerful healing stone. To amplify their energy, you can pair it with other crystals to achieve maximum benefits. Silica, an important mineral for our skin, is found in high concentrations in a clear quartz.
Rose Quartz, a.k.a the Crystal of Venus, goddess of love and beauty, cleanses and opens the heart on all levels, bringing inner healing and clarity to the process. Rose quartz facial rollers can hold its temperature (hot or cold). Its great for cleansing, lifting, and smoothing fine lines and wrinkles, as well as eliminating toxins and negative energy.
Amethyst facial rollers are powerful and protecting gems that help relieve stress in everyday life. They also help reduce inflammation and are beneficial to acne prone skin.
Jade rollers are ideal for wrinkles and sagging skin, jade boosts skin immunity and promote the growth of new skin cells. The jade crystal is a naturally cold crystal and also has a very calming effect, which makes it ideal for inflamed skin. It also helps to enhance the elasticity of your skin, lymphatic drainage, and wrinkle prevention.
How to spot a fake jade roller?
With a million options for facial rollers to choose from we have listed a quick checklist to see if your facial roller is real.
First and foremost, touch your facial roller. Is it feels super light or it feels slightly warm it’s probably not the real thing. Real crystal facial rollers are slightly heavier and also feel cool to the touch.
Check for air bubbles and irregularities in composition of your facial roller. A real facial roller should not have air bubbles but it is common to spot some irregularities on the surface
If you drop a facial roller that is 100% real crystal, it can break. However, we do not recommend that you try this method of verifying if it’s a fake or not
If you get excited that you just purchased a facial roller for a steel deal under $20 it is most likely a fake.
How to use a facial roller?
We recommend following these steps when using a facial roller.
Is important to prep your skin before using a facial roller. Apply a facial oil primer for moisturiser before you start rolling. Without lubrication the roller may tug your skin which can lead to wrinkles on your face.
Roll in one way only. We aren’t looking for a back-and-forth motion like a mop but a push broom motion to push the toxins out.
- Start around the neck area. Work your way up from the bottom and roll to the top.
- Around your chin and jaw area, start from your chin and roll it outwards towards it ears.
- In a similar way roll outward under your cheekbones and then along them.
- For the forehead area roll up from the eyebrows towards your hairline.
How to clean your facial roller?
- Wipe off any excess oil, Serum, or moisturizer.
- Wash the crystal roller with a gentle cleanser or soap to kill bacteria.
- Rinse with lukewarm water. Avoid washing or soaking it in very hot water.
- Store in a cool dry place.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will using a facial roller slim my face?
Unfortunately, no. The only way to lose weight or slim down, including your face, is through proper nutrition and exercise.
Can a facial roller cure a skin condition?
No. Facial rollers do not cure any skin condition. We recommend that you consult a dermatologist if you are suffering from a skin condition.
Do facial rollers provide permanent results?
Think about facial rollers as going to the gym. The results are short term and they will only last until you take your face to the gym i.e use the facial roller regularly.
When should I use a facial roller?
You should ideally use your facial roller for 5-10 mins at a time. Remember not to overdo it. Most people like to use them on days they need to relax or a night before a big event